- "Juunen hayaindayo! (roughly translates to "You are 10 years too early!")"
- ―Akira Yuki
|Height||5'11" (180 cm)|
|Weight||181 lbs (79 kg)|
|Voiced by||Shinichirô Miki|
The Legacy of Akira YukiEdit
- Virtua Fighter (1993-1996)
- Virtua Fighter Remix (1995-1996)
- Virtua Fighter 2 (1994-2012)
- Virtua Fighter 3 (1996-1999)
- Virtua Fighter Kids (1996)
- Virtua Fighter Animation (1996-1997)
- Virtua Fighter 4 (2001-2002)
- Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution (2002-2003)
- Virtua Fighter 4: Final Tuned (2004)
- Virtua Quest (2004-2005)
- Virtua Fighter 5 (2006-2007)
- Virtua Fighter 5 R (2008)
- Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (2010-2012)
- Dead or Alive 5 (2012)
- Dead or Alive Plus (2013)
- Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (2013)
Akira is a muscular man with a tanned complexion, brown eyes, and black hair that has been spiked-up and tied back with a long piece of white fabric. He appears to be average height and has quite wide shoulders and an oval-shaped face with a strong jawline and a squared-off chin.
His trademark outfit is a form of sleeveless Gi - a traditional uniform used for martial arts practice - which has frayed around the ends of the trouser legs and shirt holes. The Gi is slightly open to reveal his bare chest underneath. The outfit is complete with a black belt, a white headband, and black wristbands and feet covers. Overall, he bears a striking resemblance to Ryu, the main character of Capcom's Street Fighter series.
Akira strives for perfection and will drive himself relentlessly to master his techniques. He seeks worthy opponents to fight in order to find flaws in his skills to further attain mastery. While hot-blooded and impulsive, he can also be naive and intemperate. Akira is also quite passionate when fighting, often telling his opponents give him their best and always expressing his enthusiasm for a bout.