Aksys Games is a video game publisher that specializes in translating and localizing Japanese video games for English-speaking markets. It was founded by Akibo Shieh in 2006. Some of its clients include Namco Bandai Games, Xseed Games, and Atlus USA. Aksys Games is best known for its involvement in the Guilty Gear series. It has become a full-fledged game publisher with the announcement of Eagle Eye Golf for PlayStation 2, and has expressed a desire to publish for all current platforms from Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony.
The company's name is coincidentally similar to Arc System Works, with whom it has a partnership. Despite their similar names, and the partnership between them, neither company owns the other. Aksys Games publishes many games for Arc System Works in North America, and has even assisted the latter in releasing the Bit.Trip series in Japan.
Aksys also the North American distributor for the European publisher Rising Star Games.
- BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (2009)
- BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (2010)
- Family Table Tennis (2008)
Guilty Gear seriesEdit
- Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (2007)
- Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (2009)
Record of Agarest War seriesEdit
- Record of Agarest War (2010)
- Record of Agarest War Zero (2011)
Zero Escape seriesEdit
- 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (2010)
- Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (2012)
- Arcana Heart 3 (2011)
- Battle Fantasia (2009)
- Eagle Eye Golf (2006)
- Hooked! Real Motion Fishing (2007)
- Minicopter: Adventure Flight (2008)