- "My blades will find your heart!"
|Height||6'8.5" (204 cm)|
|Weight||325 lbs (148 kg)|
|Debut||Mortal Kombat II|
|Voiced by|| Dan Washington (MK vs DCU)|
Bob Carter (MK 2011)
|Portrayed by||Richard Divizio|
Baraka is the fiercest of the Tarkatans, vicious nomadic mutants from the wastes of Outworld. Like all Tarkatan males, he joined Shao Kahn's army once he came of age and survived the brutal Ritual of Blood. He gained the rank of Enforcer after single-handedly defeating a rebel faction. His loyalty and strength make him a favorite of the emperor; his retractable blades have slain many of Shao Kahn's most bitter enemies. As a kontestant in the Mortal Kombat tournament, he will ensure his emperor's claim to Earthrealm.
The Legacy of BarakaEdit
- Mortal Kombat II (1993)
- Mortal Kombat Trilogy (1996)
- Mortal Kombat Gold (1999)
- Mortal Kombat: Deception (2004)
- Mortal Kombat: Unchained (2006)
- Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks (2005)
- Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (2006-2007)
- Mortal Kombat (2011)
Baraka's design included a full head of black hair tied up in a bun, and a large red dot on his belt to go along with his familiar red-and-white tunic and black pants. The red dot, added simply as a decoration, was axed because it was misinterpreted as symbolizing the red dot on the Japanese flag, and the hair was gone shortly thereafter, finalizing Baraka's bald look used throughout the MK series.
- His name means "blessed" in Arabic and "peace" in Swahili which is ironic because his race is exactly the opposite of that meaning.
- His MKII design carried over into Deception and Armageddon as an alternate costume.
- He was one of the few characters omitted in Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, along with Johnny Cage and Raiden.