|Weapon(s)|| Mishima Style Fighting Karate|
|English Voice Actor|| Adam Dudley (Tekken: The Motion Picture)|
Kyle Hebert (Tekken: Blood Vengeance)
|Japanese Voice Actor|| Jōji Nakata (Tekken, Tekken 2, Tekken Tag Tournament)|
Kazuhiro Yamaji (Tekken: The Motion Picture)
Masanori Shinohara (Tekken 4, Namco X Capcom, Tekken: Blood Vengeance, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Tekken Revolution)
Devil (デビル Debiru), also known as Devil Kazuya (デビル一八 Debiru Kazuya) is the cursed soul of Kazuya Mishima and later Jin Kazama. Originally a malevolent entity with the intent of possessing either Kazuya or Jin, one half has merged with Kazuya.
After being thrown into a mountain ravine by his father, Heihachi Mishima, Kazuya Mishima was approached by an entity of frightening power known as Devil. The entity offered Kazuya the power to overthrow his father in exchange for his soul. Kazuya, driven by anger and revenge, accepted Devil's offer. The power of Devil allowed Kazuya to finally defeat Heihachi in the final round of the first King of Iron Fist Tournament. Since Kazuya met Jun Kazama, another entity was created within Kazuya known as Angel which represented all that was good within him.
Regardless of Kazuya's internal struggles he still announced the Second King Of Iron Fist Tournament. During the final round, a vengeful Heihachi easily beats Kazuya forcing Devil to take over Kazuya's body, transforming him into his Hybrid form Devil Kazuya. Despite his advantages, Devil Kazuya is defeated by Heihachi and a part of his spirit flees Kazuya's unconscious body. Heihachi then threw Kazuya's lifeless body into the mouth of a volcano, leaving Kazuya's half of the Devil to be destroyed alongside his son.
- Tekken 2 suggests that Kazuya's soul was not fully consumed by Devil and that the two are, in fact, separate entities. For example, the character profile for Angel states that she represents Kazuya's good side. Also, Kazuya's Tekken 2 ending, depicts him battling against Devil, supporting this theory.
- During the time-frame of Tekken 4, Devil and Kazuya apparently act as one.
- Devil has not officially been a playable character since Tekken Tag Tournament, but he made a brief cameo in Tekken 5, as well as some of his body parts being able to be customized on Kazuya, such as the Devil horns, Devil wings, etc.
- Devil resembles the character "Devilman" from the OVA of the same name.
- So far, only 2 devils are known to exist: Devil Jin, Devil Kazuya.
- Devil's appearance in Kazuya's and Angel's Tekken Tag Tournament 2 ending is his Tekken: Blood Vengeance appearance.
|Alisa Bosconovitch | Anna Williams | Asuka Kazama | Bruce Irvin | Bryan Fury | Combot | Devil | Devil Jin | Eddy Gordo | Forest Law | Heihachi Mishima | Hwoarang | Jack | Jin Kazama | Julia Chang | Jun Kazama | Kazuya Mishima | King | Kuma | Lars Alexandersson | Lee Chaolan | Lili de Rochefort | Ling Xiaoyu | Marshall Law | Mokujin | Nina Williams | Ogre | Paul Phoenix | Prototype Jack | Steve Fox | True Ogre | Unknown | Yoshimitsu|