- "Vengeance will be mine!"
|Height||6'2" (182.9 cm)|
|Weight||210 lbs (95.5 kg)|
|Homeworld||Netherrealm (Originally Earthrealm)|
|Race||Wraith (formerly Human)|
|Weapon(s)|| Mugai Ryu|
|Voiced by|| Ed Boon (MK1-MK:A)|
Patrick Seitz (MKvsDCU, MK 2011, Injustice: Gods Among Us)
|Portrayed by|| Daniel Pesina (MK, MKII)|
John Turk (UMK3, MKT, MK4, MKG)
Sal Divita (MKM:SZ)
Scorpion (全蠍人) is a resurrected ninja in the Mortal Kombat fighting game series. He is one of the few original characters, debuting in the first Mortal Kombat arcade game. He holds the unique distinction, along with Raiden and Sub-Zero (in one form or another), of appearing in every generation of Mortal Kombat games as a playable character.
Scorpion is one of the most popular characters in the Mortal Kombat series. In life, Scorpion was the codename for a human ninja assassin and one of the Shirai Ryu clan's finest warriors: Hanzo Hasashi.
Hanzo Hasashi was once a member of the Japanese Shirai Ryu ninja clan. Given the name Scorpion for his blindingly fast and deadly fighting skill, his life was blessed with glorious kombat in the name of his Grand Master. But when he, his family and his clan were brutally exterminated by Sub-Zero and the Lin Kuei, Scorpion's existence became eternal torment. Resurrected by the malevolent necromancer Quan Chi, he entered the Mortal Kombat tournament to slay Sub-Zero and avenge the murders of his kin.
The Legacy of ScorpionEdit
- Mortal Kombat (1992)
- Mortal Kombat II (1993)
- Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (1995)
- Mortal Kombat Advance (2001)
- Ultimate Mortal Kombat (2007)
- Mortal Kombat Trilogy (1996)
- Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero (1997)
- Mortal Kombat 4 (1997)
- Mortal Kombat Gold (1999)
- Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance (2002)
- Mortal Kombat: Tournament Edition (2003)
- Mortal Kombat: Deception (2004)
- Mortal Kombat: Unchained (2006)
- Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks (2005)
- Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (2006-2007)
- Mortal Kombat (2011)
Scorpion appeared as a yellow palette swap of Sub-Zero. He kept this appearance from the first MK to MK4 after which he bore two swords on his back and his kunai attached to a rope tied to his belt. He has white eyes with his mask on. Without his mask, his head is a (sometimes flaming) skull.
In MK4, he is further distinguished by his skeletal motif, mostly in the mask, with bone-like structures lacing his uniform.
In Injustice: Gods Among Us, Scorpion appears with a black hood and golden tunic emblazoned with the crest of a scorpion, with a red jewel on the breast plate. He also sports golden crested bracers, boots and a black face mask. His sword handles look like scorpion legs reaching out from behind his back and his spear and chain now are shaped more like an actual scorpion tail and stinger.
- Him, Sub-Zero, and Reptile share the same Friendship in Mortal Kombat II.
- Scorpion is one of the few Mortal Kombat characters, who can break the 4th wall.
- Examples of Scorpion breaking the 4th wall is Scorpion uses a spear on a camerman and then to make him get over here in Mortal Kombat: Deception and Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. In MK vs DCU, it was same but he kicked the camera at the end.
- Injustice: Gods Among Us marks Scorpion's first time as a DLC character.
Mortal Kombat (2011)Edit
Injustice: Gods Among UsEdit